Friday, May 12, 2006

Closing on House, Birthday wishes, Strike up the old band


It's cause for celebration (I hope). Today we are to close on our new house. It's been a long an trying process. The price was right, we got a great rate, but the loan is being financed in Austin. So it's been a frenzy of email and faxing. We've extended our closing date twice already, but now I think we've finally got all the paperwork, etc.

My mother's day post was early. My dad's birthday post is belated. Well here it is. He's 52. At the big 5-O I made a photo slide show video. I thought it'd be good to preserve it now in cyber space, so here it is.

So strike up the band. Which band? I guess we could get the old band "brother john" to reunite. No, that'd be a little hard. Well, why preserve them in cyber space too. OK. The launch of the world renown "brother john" memory lane website is now. The site is up, and we'll be adding footage and pictures, and music, etc. Right now you can check out what's there and bookmark it @ www.brotherjohn.homestead.com. In all seriousness, we weren't the best local Christian band, but we sure had the best times of our lives together. And we had quite a ride. We ministered a lot more than some of the other bands too. God really open doors for us, and always provided for us when we'd have vehicle problems (all the time!). I'm grateful for those experiences, and miss those guys. Rumor has it that in the not so near future there will be another brother john album, all new songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home