Friday, March 31, 2006

Brownsville, TX is an interesting place to say the least. We love it, actually. It has offered us the chance to do some things that we never have done. For example, how often in Joplin, MO can you say "Let's go to Mexico for lunch!" or "Maybe we should team up with a church from Mexico for this activity."? That's pretty neat for someone with a missionary heartbeat. Also, Brownsville's hispanic population is in the 90 percents, so it makes our Hispanic church prospect list endless. On the recreative side, we are 20 min. away from the beach. South Padre Island is a tourist attraction. Boca Chica beach is a secluded and serene paradise. We don't take this blessing of God's beauty for granted. I'm gonna take up surfing soon. One of the elders or mission organizers is going to have to help me learn. The good thing is I've been getting back into shape since we moved, dropping over 25 pounds. This will help. Since we moved here another hobby has developed. I guess I shouldn't be a Texan and not take up shooting and hunting. For someone who has only shot 8-bit computerized ducks on nintendo, it's a neat new experience, as is having my own church service, and being in charge of everything. The people couldn't be more receptive and welcoming. Their hunger for the things of God stretches us to be sharp enough to feed them the Word and have it impact their lives. God is doing some really cool stuff down here. And it's only just begun!

4 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been praying for this ministry daily and will continue. Your mom gave me your blog address. I've read it all. Grandma Fish

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Gregory Fish said...

Thanks. We always appreciate your prayers. We can always use them!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

For some reason, this picture disturbs me . . .

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Gregory Fish said...

Very disturbing indeed, brother. Very disturbing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home