Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'll share will you here my latest song. It's funny that it is brand new, and already recorded, while at the same time I'm partially recorded on a song I wrote in High School! I was inspired by my boys, and the song is about them. Emily even helped me write the personalized stuff. On the first of this year I got up around 6:30 a.m. to say good-bye to my in-laws who were getting ready to drive off. I said good-bye and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep. Out of nowhere came this song idea, and I decided to learn it on the mandolin. Last night I stayed up 'til 2 a.m. recording it complete with a spoons track and this morning added the boys' sounds. It was going to just be a secret track, but now I think I'll end the album with it after "This Blessing" and have a different secret track. So here you have it: listen to "My Boys"

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger David G. Fish said...

Wow! I had a real moment there! Great song! See you in a few!dg

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Greg, I'm a friend of Emily's who thankfully stumbled on your blog. I'm hooked! I just listened to "My Boys" and the tears are streaming down my face. What a precious gift God has given you to share the joys of your heart through music with the rest of us. God bless and keep you all safe in His wings. - Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home