Monday, October 16, 2006

Unsolved Mystery

Yesterday was a good Sunday. Until around 5 p.m. Rusty called from the church asking if I put away the laptop that we use on Sunday mornings. I told him that I just left it locked in the room like I always do so he could use it for youth group. He then told me that it's not there and it's not in the office. As things developed, it became obvious that there had been a robbery in the church. Four locked inside doors had been tampered with, and the thief(s) made it out with one laptop and one portable projector. It had to occur between 3:10 and 4:45 p.m. as the projector was still there when Nikki left her children's choir rehearsal and Rusty arrived at the later time. I am lucky that my guitar was not taken, since it was left on the stage in plain view of the robber. I am hoping these stolen items will turn up in a pawn shop somewhere and let the authorities know. It leaves a sick feeling in your stomach that someone would have the audacity to steal valuables from God's house. I mean, the laptop had a sticker on it that said "Jesus Loves You." For cryin' out loud! There have also been some cars in both parking lots that have been broken into recently. So we need to tighten up security. It's sad, but true. Nonetheless, God is blessing our congregation. Please remember us in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home