Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Why I am Thankful in ‘06

A constant refrain throughout the Bible is that of giving thanks to the Lord, for He is good, and this comes with the reminder that His love endures forever. Romans 1:21 paints a bleak picture of those who refuse to thank God for all He has done. Ungratefulness hurts—even God. I would much rather fall in the category of Paul who says in Philippians 4:4, “Rejoice [a way of giving thanks] in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” Here is a quick list of things that I am thankful for this year. It is certainly not an exhaustive list, but it touches on the main points.

I am thankful that I’m a forgiven Christian with an eternal hope.
I am thankful that I’m married to a believer and can raise our children in the Lord.
I am thankful that God brought us down to do God’s work in here in Brownsville.
I am thankful that I have been allowed to extend my ministry into Mexico at times.
I am thankful that God is blessing our church, and lives are being touched for Him.
I am thankful for the ministry we have and the new friends (and brothers) we have made.
I am thankful for all the love we have been shown and how we have been received.
I am thankful that we are expecting another child.
I am thankful even for the long weeks of Emily being on bedrest.
I am thankful because I now appreciate more what Emily does around the house!
I am thankful how we have been cared for with meals, babysitting, and encouragement.
I am thankful all of the new experiences we had this year.
I am thankful even for the times of testing and the lessons learned.
Most of all I am thankful that we serve a good God, who loves unconditionally.

What are you thankful for?

1 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that our number one daughter married a man who loves God, loves her, and loves their children and teaches them in all things the goodness and love of our Heavenly Father.
Thank you Lord!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home