Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Please pray for María

Yeterday we saw the news crews on our street. They set up a live feed. We were sure to watch come 6 p.m. The first story came from a few houses down. We had no idea what was going on, then all of the sudden we were struck with the news. The segment was over, we looked out the window, and could see the reporter put the mic down. We switched stations and found another story from Parkview Ln. We resolved to intercede on behalf of María, in our prayers and in some physical way. But what was the story? Oh, you heard it too. It made National news this morning, and in a even more tragic way. María, who lives on our street, is the mother of Kristian Menchaca, one of the two soldiers who went missing and who this morning were reported as being brutally slaughtered by the enemy. It really hits home when the mother of this Houston soldier is our neighbor. We have yet to meet her, but we will take something over and tell her that we are there for her. I would ask that you remember to pray for María. We can no longer pray for her son's saftey, but we can pray for peace and strength. So, whoever is reading this why not stop and have a moment of silence for a soldier who bears the name of Christ and fought to protect our freedom and who died valiantly leaving a distrought family back home. Thank you.

7 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Charissa said...

I saw this on the news this morning. So sad! Does his entire family live down the street from you? They were interviewing his dad and brother on TV. I didn't see his mom. I will keep them in my prayers. Keep us posted on how she is doing, okay?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Gregory Fish said...

I think you saw the other soldiers family. This guy lived in Houston, but his mother is down the street. I have not met her yet. There are film crew there constantly. I wish they'd leave her alone. Apparently she has some family support. Another reader of this blog has requested that I deliver a condolence package from a support group, so I will when the time is right.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Charissa said...

No, it was this person's family. They were interviewing both families, but they interviewed his dad and brother. They may have interviewed his mother as well, but I just watched for a couple of minutes. I wondered if his dad and brother lived in Houston?

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Gregory Fish said...

I guess. There's lot's of family down here. If the news is true, he'll be buried in Brownsville.
Thanks for praying.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Rose Fish said...

We will be praying and let them family know we are praying. What is the name since I haven't seen the news or the newspaper yet. I'll go see the newspaper.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Dave Smith said...

Greg, in addition to my prayers for the family, I pray for you as you may have the opportunity to comfort and encourage where we cannot because of the distance. Thanks for being open to be used of God!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Gregory Fish said...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13483734/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home